Sunday, January 25, 2015

Bound to Lose, Bound to Win

Gonna be walking
Whichever way I'm bound for.
I might win or lose.

This is a short track from the Bootleg Series volume 9, the demos for the Witmark company. It's another in the big book of Dylan songs about people who ramble like hobos, and generally reflects the Woody Guthrie spirit of the age that he embraced for a few years. Here are the words with his spoken introduction from the recording.

["Here's one, I can write you out the verses to this later, I can't really remember this right now, I'll write you out the verses to it."] G C Well I'm bound to lose, bound to win G C D G bound to walk to the road again G C Bound to lose, bound to win C D G /e /g bound for a-walkin' to the road again [interlude similar to the intro] G Em Well, I'm just one of them ramblin' men C D G Ramblin' since I don't know when. G C Here I come, and I'm-a gone again /b D/a G You might think I got no end. G Em Bound to lose, I'm bound to win G C D G I'm bound for a-walkin' to the road again G Em Bound to lose, I'm bound to win G C G bound for a-walkin' to the road again



1 comment:

  1. Hello there, Thank you for posting this analysis of a song from Bob Dylan's Music Box: http://thebobdylanproject.com/Song/id/92/Bound-to-Lose-Bound-to-Win Come and join us inside and listen to every song composed, recorded or performed by Bob Dylan, plus all the great covers streaming on YouTube, Spotify, Deezer and SoundCloud plus so much more... including this link.

    ReplyDelete