Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Living the Blues

They all let him know
His gal has a new lover.
Now he has the blues.

This is one of Bob Dylan's milder songs, released in 1970 on the "Self Portrait" album. It's a relaxed country song that tells a familiar tale.

1. My head's been down to my shoes since you've left. In fact, I've been living the blues.
2. I know where you are and what you're doing because strangers tell me what you're up to.
3. I need to forget my pride and take some time off to recover, but I still have feelings.
4. If you knew just how upset I was because of your departure, you surely would come back.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Robert, yes another slice of musical history from inside Bob Dylan's Music Box http://thebobdylanproject.com/Song/id/368/Living-the-Blues Join us inside and listen to every version of every song composed or performed by Bob Dyla.

    ReplyDelete