Wednesday, August 19, 2015

This Wheel's on Fire

We will meet again.
You asked me for favors. Well,
I tried, but no luck.

This is one of the more popular and memorable songs from the 1967 Basement Tapes sessions, and was first popularized by the Band on their first album, "Music From Big Pink" from 1968. To me, it's a mysterious, complicated song, warning of some kind of doom just around the bend.

1. I'm going to sit and wait for you because you know we were fated to meet again. "No man alive will come to you with another tale to tell." There's a fiery wheel rolling down the road, and it may explode while I'm near it. Better tell my next of kin now.
2. If you remember, my plan was to take your lace and wrap it in a sailor's knot and hide it in your case. But I don't know if it's really yours.
3. You were the one who wanted me to do things for you. And that's all there is to it. That and the fact that we are fated to meet again.




No comments:

Post a Comment