Thursday, August 20, 2015

Trust Yourself

Don't trust me, trust you.
Don't trust beauty or "the truth."
Don't trust. Period.

After three years of sung lectures about getting right with God and Jesus to avoid eternal damnation, Bob Dylan used the "Empire Burlesque" album in 1985 to tell people two things:
- Trust yourself
- Don't trust anyone, including me.

Trusting oneself:
- Do what you know best
- Don't be second guessed
- Beauty turns to rust
- Find your own path to prove true in the end
- Find the path without is and when
- Don't trust me to show it to you. Truth might be ashes and dust.
- You're on your own, beset by wolves in thieves.
- Don't hope for ungodly men to save you.
- Don't be a slave to someone else's beliefs.
- "You won't be disappointed when vain people let you down."
- Don't look for answers that don't exist.
- "Don't trust me to show you love when my love may be only lust. If you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself."






No comments:

Post a Comment