Sunday, June 21, 2015

I Want You

A bunch of symbols
Waste their time symbolizing
While I just want you.

I used to love "I Want You," a short, jaunty and sweet song that springs up like a flower amid the bitter earth and pavement of the "Blonde on Blonde" album from 1966. The more I listen to it, the more I realize that it's a great song full of nonsense. Here's a list of the other characters you'll find in this ensemble performance:

- Guilty undertaker (sighing)
- Lonesome organ grinder (crying)
- Silver saxophones
- Cracked bells
- Washed-out horns
- Drunken politician (leaping into the street)
- Weeping mothers
- Sleeping saviors
- Fathers without true love
- Daughters who don't like Bob because he doesn't think about true love
- the Queen of Spades
- the Chambermaid
- Dancing child with Chinese suit and flute

Here's a video with lots of people in old movies kissing:



1 comment:

  1. Hello Robert, yes another interesting slice of musical history. Come and join us inside Bob Dylan's Music Box http://thebobdylanproject.com/Song/id/282/I-Want-You and listen to every version of every song composed, recorded or performed by Bob Dylan, plus all the great covers, free, legally and without Ads.

    ReplyDelete