Saturday, June 20, 2015

Is Your Love in Vain?

I don't trust your love.
You should give me alone time.
Would you be my maid?

The milk of human kindness, soured. That's "Is Your Love in Vain?" which seems to capture the spirit that Bob Dylan found himself in in 1978 when he released the album "Street Legal." Have a look:

1. "Do you love me, or are you just extending goodwill?
Do you need me half as bad as you say, or are you just feeling guilt?"

2. This isn't the first time I've been hurt, and I won't complain if you give me an answer that I don't want to hear, but looks, I need to know, is your love in vain?

3. Don't you know that I need alone time? Why do you bother me then? Do you know anything about me? Can't you let me be myself?

4. I've been high and low, I've eaten with kings, and I've never been too impressed by that jazz.

5. OK, fine, I'll be your lover. I'll even give you more time than I know that I can give. Meanwhile, can you cook and sew and keep a garden? While doing that, can you understand my pain?

If you've ever wanted to file an anti-personals ad, you can use this song as the backdrop.




1 comment:

  1. Hello there Robert, thank you for posting this song from Bob Dylan's Music Box http://thebobdylanproject.com/Song/id/313/Is-Your-Love-in-Vain Join us inside and listen to every song composed, recorded or performed by Bob Dylan streaming on YouTube, Spotify, Deezer and SoundCloud.

    ReplyDelete