Saturday, June 20, 2015

It's All Good

It's all bad, really.
People make trouble and fight.
Why should I worry?

There's nothing I don't love about Bob Dylan's 2009 album "Together Through Life," and "It's All Good," the last song, is no exception. The song is a catalogue of misery, topped by Dylan's insistence of, whatever, it's all good.

1. Talk about me. Stir the pot. I'd do it too. You know what they say...
2. Politicians tell lies. Restaurant kitchen has flies. You know what they say...
3. Wives leaving their husbands. I wouldn't change it. You know what they say...
4. You could drown in a teacup. You know what they say...
5. People on the land are sick. They would move away if they could. You know what they say...
6. Widow cry. Orphan plea. More misery everywhere you look. Come with me, baby. You know what they say...
7. Killer stalking the town. Cop cars at a crime scene. Buildings falling down. You know what they say...
8. I'll remove your beard and throw it in your face. I'll be eating your lunch tomorrow. You kow what they say...



1 comment:

  1. Hello there Robert, Thank you for posting this analysis of a song from Bob Dylan’s Music Box: http://thebobdylanproject.com/Song/id/318/Its-All-Good Come and join us inside and listen to every song composed, recorded or performed by Bob Dylan, plus all the great covers streaming on YouTube, Spotify, Deezer and SoundCloud plus so much more… including this link.

    ReplyDelete