Sunday, June 21, 2015

I Wanna Be Your Lover

Rasputin and friends
Get up to no good. Not Bob,
He wants your loving.

Very little of this 1965 song, which went unreleased until 1985, matters. The key is the chorus:

I wanna be your lover, baby, I wanna be your man
I wanna be your lover, baby
I don’t wanna be hers, I wanna be yours

It's a riff on the Beatles song "I Wanna Be Your Man."

The rest is fake symbolism:

1. Rainman/magic wand.
2. Judge: "Mona can't have no bond." (She cries, rainman leaves as Wolfman)
3. Undertaker/midnight suit addresses masked man: "ain't you cute?"
4. Masked man feels the same way about the undertaker.
5. Jumpin' Judy reaches maximum altitude.
6. Rasputin touches her head and dies.
7. Pheadra has a looking glass. She faints on the grass because she's obvious (and you are not)



1 comment:

  1. Hello Robert, yes another classic from Bob Dylan's Music Box http://thebobdylanproject.com/Song/id/281/I-Wanna-Be-Your-Lover Join us inside and listen to every version of every song composed or performed by Bob Dylan.

    ReplyDelete