Sunday, June 14, 2015

I'm in the Mood for Love

Do you know this mood?
If you can't tell already,
I'm ready for love.

It's a John Lee Hooker song. Dylan and the Band stumble through it during the Basement Tapes sessions.

Here are the original lyrics:

I'm in the mood baby, I'm in the mood for love
I'm in the mood baby, I'm in the mood for love
I'm in the mood, I'm in the mood, baby, I'm in the mood for love
I said night time is the right time, to be with the one you love
You know when night come baby, God know, you're so far away
I'm in the mood, I'm in the mood baby, I'm in the mood for love
I'm in the mood, in the mood, baby, in the mood for love
I said yes, my mama told me, to leave that girl alone
But my mama didn't know, God know, girl was puttin' down
I'm in the mood, I'm in the mood baby, in the mood for love
I'm in the mood, I'm in the mood, baby, in the mood for love


2 comments:

  1. Well Robert I found this one hiding away in the vault but can't find a YouTube version but you can listen to all the great versions inside Bob Dylan's Music Box http://thebobdylanproject.com/Song/id/304/I'm-in-the-Mood so join us inside and listen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Robert, we had that one mixed up with the other "Mood" song. But no matter it has been sorted out inside Bob Dylan's Music Box http://thebobdylanproject.com/Song/id/3930/Im-In-The-Mood-For-Love so come and check out all the "I'm In The Mood" songs.

    ReplyDelete