Monday, August 17, 2015

Someday Baby

You worry me now,
But you won't worry me long.
I'm making you leave.

"Someday Baby," which appeared on the 2006 album "Modern Times," is based on a number of older songs done by Muddy Waters, Sleepy John Estes and others. It netted Dylan a Grammy award. The essence of the song is a description of a troublesome lover who sooner or later won't worry him anymore. See below:

- Do what you want, say what you want, go away as long as you want. 
- You took my money, you leave me full of doubt.
- I used to like to drive, but now you drive me crazy.
- I'm dwelling on the same thoughts, and felling uptight. 
- I overlooked the good things in life for the sake of you, and I'm hooked.
- I'll wring your neck as a matter of self respect.
- Pack your clothes and take off. Don't come back.
- I tried to be nice, but now I'm kicking you out.
- "Living this way ain't a natural thing to do. Why was I born to love you? Someday, baby, you ain't gonna worry po' me anymore."






No comments:

Post a Comment